Friday, January 6, 2012

Session 6: Future-thinking

Tonight I had an incredible class. And rather than ranting about how great it was, I wanted to share this story that I came across in researching yoga, the culture, and the theory behind Bikram (more to come soon) because it completely resonated with where I am today and where I will be tomorrow.. when I'm 30.

This is a photo of Sadie, the flash mob instigator
Without quoting the entire article {which you can read here}, a yoga teacher in NYC wanted to celebrate her 40th birthday with a splash. She asked that 40+ women of all shapes and sizes gather and 'strip down to their “boy shorts and tops” to show the world that 40 can be fabulous.' The video is poorly narrated by an adolescent boy, but the hotness of the 40+ women still shines through.

It starts off a little slow, and you honestly think there is a woman on drugs doing yoga in the street, but if you fast forward a couple minutes in, you can see the hotness of the yogis in very little clothing. I have to say, despite the cheap video, it's definitely inspirational to see half-naked 40+ women doing asanas in public.

Here is a better done video with a diverted story. Their mob was cancelled by the MTA police.. so yoginis (yoga practitioners) took to the streets and did crazy poses. It's pretty cool to see. Yoga in random places video.

So there you go, two yoga flash mob videos for your viewing pleasure. Here's to the last day of my 20's and the beginning of a new decade {which I can say with a certain level of confidence that, in part thanks to this experience, I'm not afraid to take on}!  FLASH MOB!

No comments:

Post a Comment